“I have likes and dislikes.”
For a couple weeks now I have been testing out the Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation, which retails for $5.99. I picked mine up in the shade Nude Ivory (which has a neutral undertone).
I have some pros and cons to this foundation, and I’ll explain why. I have combination/oily skin, with an exceedingly shiny t-zone as the day progresses. Tbh, I jumped on this foundation train after watching Casey Holmes review it in a recent “Wear Test” on her YouTube channel. Her claim was that it applied nicely and held up fairly well on oily skin. Overall, she liked the way it wore throughout the day, and would give it a two thumbs up. And for $6, I can’t say I disagree with her!
- blends nicely with a sponge
- fantastic selection of shades in the range of skin tones
- applicator makes for an easy swift application to face (without creating a mess on the back of your hand or end of your sponge/brush)
- stays relatively matte for 7 hours
- I can’t use this foundation with a brush, it just doesn’t blend out evenly and ends up looking patchy
- light coverage – don’t plan to conceal any red blemishes or acne scars
- there is a scent to this foundation, not necessarily “chemically,” but it’s there
Who would I recommend it to? Those looking for a light-coverage, light-wear foundation. I think people with dry skin as well as oily skin would enjoy this foundation, but I think you get what you’d expect for $6.00, if that makes sense?
Have you tried this foundation?! Would you buy it again? Did you love or hate it, or maybe you felt indifferent? I’d love to hear your opinions, as I haven’t decided if I’d like to repurchase it once it’s gone.
Connect with me!