“Two bag reviews in one post what the…”
I know. How TF did I miss April’s Ipsy bag review? Well, my friends, I have had a lot going on! LIFE was ringing at my doorbell.
But who cares about that – surely not my readers stopping by to check out some Ipsy bag reviews 😉
Combining two bag reviews into one post has the potential to make for a very long read, and that’s not what I’m about – so, here comes the mega summary.
*disclaimer: I don’t have pictures of these products,
but feel free to see my review of each item below!*
1. Hanalei Aloe Soothing Gel ($30 full size) – this cooling gel was.. ok. Honestly, it felt exactly like putting aloe vera gel onto my skin. That’s right, the same aloe vera you can buy in the store for like $5.00. The Hanalei brand is pretty sticky when applied to the face, similar to regular aloe gel.
Bottom line: would I buy this from Hanalei? No, definitely not.
2. Ciate London Bamboo Bronzer ($28 full size) – this bronzer is nice! Definitely not a bad product, but nothing outstanding either. It blends nicely and the color selection was great for my skin tone (which is very light). Do I think it beats Physician Formula’s Butter Bronzer for $15? Absolutely not.
Bottom line: would I buy this from Ciate? No. You can get a similar bronzer at a more affordable price.
3. Hey Honey Besame Mucho lip balm ($14 full size) – I was not a fan of this lip balm. There are waaaay better lip balms on the market at a fraction of the price. When I put this on my lips, it felt slippery and almost slimy. This did not have a nice thick coating of moisture, as other lip balms do.
Bottom line: would I buy this from Hey Honey? No, but I would recommend Hanalei Lip Treatment or the Milani Oil Infused Lip Treatment as a great alternative!
4. Luxie Beauty Precision Foundation brush ($23) – I love these brushes! They never disappoint. Super soft, adorable colors (which make a great statement on any vanity), and always provide a great application.
Bottom line: would I buy other brushes from Luxie Beauty? Certainly!
5. Elizabeth Mott Show me your Glow Shimmer Shadow & Highlighter ($25 full size) – this is a fabulous product. The shade of highlight is spot on and the glow up is real.
Bottom line: would I buy this from Elizabeth Mott? I am considering it! For the size of the product, I think $25 is more on the reasonable side of pricing. Will continue to use my sample and mull it over.
1. Beauty & Pin-ups Fearless Hair Masque ($32 full size) – I really love this hair mask! It is luxurious, the scent is delicious but not overwhelming, and it left me with incredibly soft/silky hair. I felt like I had taken a trip to the spa.
Bottom line: would I buy this from Beauty & Pin-ups? If I was looking to splurge and gift myself a little prezzy, I most definitely would. I see this as worth the $$
2. Caked Makeup Lip Fondant in Low Key ($16 full size – and I think we received full size!) – this matte lip cream was awesome! Dried down completely matte, passed the kiss-proof test, and wore very well. It took a couple swipes to get the color looking opaque, but once you built it up it looked like a dream. Enjoyable cupcake scent as well.
Bottom line: would I buy this from Caked Makeup? For the price point, yes!!
3. Jelly Pong Pong Supercharged Intense Eyeshadow ($22.95) – this eyeshadow surprised me! I liked it a lot more than I thought I would, and the color payoff is very real. Pleasantly surprised with this brand, as usually I’m a little “meh” about their items. Not this time, happy to have received this!
Bottom line: would I buy this from Jelly Pong Pong? I’d have to think about it, but for $22.95 and how small the pan is, probably not.
4. Urban Decay Afterglow in Sin ($26 full size) – this is a very nice, kind of powdery highlight from Urban Decay. Is it anything special and extraordinary? Not really. But definitely great quality and I would like to play around more with it on the tops of my cheekbones.
Bottom line: would I buy this from Urban Decay? Answer would be based on more experimentation.
5. Pixi in Petra Silky Eye Pen ($12) – gotta be honest, haven’t tried this yet. If it weren’t for Googling it just now and seeing the incredible price point, I might never have picked it up again. If it’s anything to call home about, you better believe I’ll let you know!
As always, thank you for reading! Did you receive any of the same products and have similar/different thoughts? Please let me know in the comments below! I love hearing about new makeup and other opinions.
Connect with me!