“That was a v successful trip to Sephora.”
Today’s mini haul was brought to you by a gift card I’ve kept for the sole purpose of, well.. a “mini haul.” Because let’s be real – this isn’t large enough to be considered a haul.
I got a little bit of face, eye primer, lips, and cleaning product to talk about today fam! Time to dive on in.
First up on the list (also my most anticipated item), the Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer. This retails for $28.00 at Sephora. I went in, got shade matched, was feeling on top of the world, then found out “Alabaster” was sold out in Sephora. FEAR NOT my friends because you bet your ass I was running to the Clinique counter at the nearest Macy’s for a quick purchase. And so I got my hands on it.
- definitely lives up to the full-coverage claim
- blends very easily, at least with a brush
– does dry down a little quickly, so I do half my face at a time
- lasts all day – though I still get shiny in my t-zone, nothing new there
- if you’re not careful, can appear the slightest bit “cakey,” but it’s nothing a spritz of setting spray can’t fix!
Next was another highly anticipated item for me, the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. This costs $26.00. Casey Holmes often raves about this on YouTube, and since we share the trend of oily eyelids, I figured I’d spend a little extra $$ and give it a shot.
- easy to apply, easy to set
- controls the oil-production on your eyelids
- eyeshadow lasted really well the first time I used this
Then we have our ever so highly recommended brush cleaner from Laura Lee! The Cinema Secrets Makeup Brush Cleaner is available in a travel size for $8.00 (for all my peeps out there wanting to stick your toe in and not dive head first).
- cleans brushes INSTANTLY
- easiest product to use
- for the ease at which you can clean your brushes, I’m willing to say it’s worth the price tag, and I plan to buy the value size next (which I’m sure will last a long time)
- I actually did a full review of this brush cleaner here!
Lastly, and certainly not least, the new Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Color Splash Lipstick! I saw Rachhloves rave about this in a recent video and recommend the shade Salt Lyfe, and when I heard it once more in another YouTube video, I didn’t need to be told a third time. This costs $21.00 in Sephora.
- I am in love with this shade, formula, everything
- This is one of my first “higher end” lipstick purchases, and I’d be more than happy to buy a second shade
- I wore this out during a night of drinking and dancing , and it held up fairly well, but you should definitely keep it in your purse to re-apply
- For those looking to save some dolla bills – I think a solid dupe for these are the
e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipsticks for $3.00
So that’s that! Have you tried any of these products? Know of any dupes for less cash money? Please let me know if you do.
Connect with me!