“This was my first high end foundation purchase!”
OKAY. I am ready to fully review the Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer. You can pick this up in Sephora, online, or at any Clinique counter inside Macy’s. I didn’t even let Sephora not having my shade stop me from purchasing this – and ran to the nearest Macy’s in center city.
So I bought this in the shade alabaster, after being shade matched in Sephora (which I highly recommend). If you’re going to be spending a pretty penny on your first high end foundation, bish you better get it matched to your skin tone. This is v important, considering you want to look good and make your $$ well spent.
I’m going to lay it all out as far as the good and the bad, the pretty and the ugly.
- very full coverage without feeling too heavy/cakey
- nice scent, if you can even smell it (I’ve heard from a friend it’s not noticeable)
- application is smooth and blends evenly when using a brush
- decent price for a high end foundation (retails for $28.00)
- buildable coverage
- incredible shade range
- does not stay matte after 4-5 hours (at least not for someone shiny like me)
- dries rather quickly on the skin, so I would recommend doing one half of your face at a time
- can look a little dry on my nose (but that could be my skin type), so I usually finish with a damp sponge to perfect the look
So that wraps up this review! I really like this foundation – the coverage is there, and it lasts me all day long. In the future, I will look for a more mattifying formula, but I can guarantee I’ll repurchase this down the line. It is a staple item to keep in your collection!
Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts? Do you agree/disagree? Are there any other foundations I should be seeking out suitable for my skin type?!
Connect with me!