“I know this review is late please forgive me.”
The June bag was pretty bangin’, not gonna lie. Maybe that’s why it took me so long to post? Obsessed with the products… ya know? Not cutting it? Fine we’ll hop to it.
The bag last month might have created yet another must-have favorite to add to the Ipsy Hall of Fame for me. And honestly, we’ll just jump right into it…
- Hey Honey Uncover Detoxifying Mud Mask retails for $54.00
I’m not going to sugar-coat it, this mask is hella expensive. Some would say way too many dolla bill$ for the product. HOWEVER, please allow me to explain why this could become a new holy grail.
– does not dry super tight on your skin – it moreso dries to a “glazed” appearance
– a little product goes a long way, with a rather thick consistency that feels like it is soaking up impurities in the skin
– there are tiny microbeads that give this mask a gritty feel as you wash it off, allowing for a gentle exfoliation while you massage the mask into your skin
Cut to the chase, what have you noticed? I have literally noticed better skin the next morning. My pores appear smaller, I don’t see as many blackheads, and my makeup looks incredibly smooth and poreless. It’s a dream of a product and (unfortunate for my wallet) I will be repurchasing.
ALSO – if you want to buy anything from Hey Honey’s website this month, you can get 20% off with Ipsy’s code: HeyHoneyUncover
2. City Color Cosmetics Shimmer Shadow in “Cheers to Life” retails for $3.99
THIS. IS. SO. PIGMENTED.
I even saved a snapchat I sent my friend right after swatching this. I’m going to also throw this in here: it was one swipe of the shadow on my arm. Incredible color and such a vibrant bronzy shade that I could see being versatile for all skin tones.
3. Beauty For Real I-LINE 24-7 Eyeliner in “Chocolate Fix” retails for $14.00
I actually really like this. It has an intense vibrancy to it and feels very creamy upon application. I received the color Chocolate Fix which is a rich dark brown perfect for tight-lining and/or the water line. I don’t even do either of those techniques on my eyes but this liner makes me want to.
4. NYX Whipped Lip & Cheek Soufflé in “Plush” retails for $6.00
I wasn’t a fan of this. Could be because I gravitate towards matte lippies and tend to steer clear of pinky pinks, but I also didn’t enjoy the application of this product. It wasn’t full-blown pigment in your face, it was a little more streaky. I might find better luck using this as a cheek pigment instead!
5. theBalm Cosmetics Balm Spring Blush retails for $21.00
I wanted to like this more, I really did. The color and tone are everything, nice and nude but enough color for a pale girl (hi, me over here). And it might be the size of the pan or something else but I can’t get into this blush! It doesn’t really show up on my cheeks and it swatched terribly from the small Ipsy sample. Did anyone else have this issue? Idk but for $21.00, I ain’t purchasing it
So that was everything in my Ipsy bag for the month of June! Besides a sample size of the Dr. Brandt Pores No More primer – which I finally cashed in some Ipsy points for. Pays to review your products, people!
Did you get the same product/s in your Ipsy bag? What were your thoughts? Were you happy with the items? Underwhelmed? Let me know – I love to chat about it.
Connect with me!